Modern Aramaic Language Classes
The Modern Aramaic Language course is intended for students who wish to develop proficiency and integrate their language skills through the emphasis of oral communication in a variety of topics at an intermediate level. It covers the grammar and the structure that is necessary for reading and writing, while furthering the student's conversational skills. In addition to new vocabulary and verb conjugation, other useful grammatical points will be covered. The course also provides an understanding of the civilization, culture and customs of Aramaic-speaking people.
- E'rootha's Language Program is approximately a 25-week accelerated course that covers 3 semesters worth of material
- The courses are worth 12 credits waived at Wayne State OR worth 4 credits at University of Detroit Mercy
- The class is open to anyone who with interest in learning the language and is not limited to college-aged students
- The class meets twice a week for 2 hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the University of Detroit Mercy
- There is a 100% passing rate for students who have taken the proficiency exam